2015 Copyright -
All Rights Reserved
Contact Information for Site:
Elder Law Center, P.C.
Attn: Advertising Department
3600 Lime Street, Bldg. 4-412
Riverside, California 92501
WHAT DOES MEDI-CAL NOT COVER?
CONTACT US DIRECTLY
To schedule aFREE INITIAL
CONSULTATION, contact us
Toll Free at 1-800-660-5608, or your can simply CONTACT US online by completing the form below.
The * indicates required information.
For More Information
The Medi-Cal Program does not cover certain personal expenses like haircuts, beauty shop charges, cell phones, and clothing.
However, once an individual is qualified for Medi-Cal benefits, he or she is allowed to retain a portion of his or her monthly income to meet the aforementioned expenditures.
This allocation is defined as the individual’s “monthly personal needs benefit.”
In California, this monthly personal needs benefit amount is $35.00.
The Medi-Cal Program also does not cover the following essentials:
* Specially prepared food, beyond that generally prepared by the facility;
* Telephone, television, radio;
* Personal comfort items including tobacco products and confections;
* Cosmetic and grooming items and services in excess of those included in the basic service;
* Personal clothing or personal reading materials;
* Gifts purchased on behalf of a resident, flowers or plants;
* Social events and activities beyond the activity program, or
* Special care services not included in the facility's Medi-Cal payment.
ON FACEBOOK and LIKE OUR PAGE WITH OTHERS